- June 7, 2021
This article will tell you how to crop pages in PDF with Foxit PDF Editor.
The Crop Pages feature allows you to adjust the visible page area. You can create a PDF document with pages of different sizes.
Crop one or more pages
- Open the PDF document you want to crop.
- Right click the target page(s) on the Pages thumbnails, choose Crop Pages.
- In the pop-up Crop Pages dialog box, specify the settings in the Margin Control: select CropBox, ArtBox, TrimBox, or BleedBox (they are displayed in the preview box in black, red, green and blue respectively) and adjust the proportions to crop. You can preview all the boxes on the right after checking the item Show All Boxes.
CropBox – Defines the content boundary of the page when it’s displayed or printed.
ArtBox – Defines the meaningful content of the page including blank space.
TrimBox – Defines the final dimensions of the page after trimming.
BleedBox – Defines the clipping path when the page is printed professionally to allow for paper trimming and folding. Printing marks may fall outside the bleed area.
Constrain Proportions – Locks the cropped proportions and each margin will have the same distance from each side to the border.
Remove White Margins – Crops the page to the artwork boundary, which is useful for trimming the edges of presentation slides saved as PDFs.
Set To Zero – Restores all the crop margins to zero.
Reset – Resets all the margins to the original dimensions.
A rectangle in the page thumbnail showed in the preview box shows the boundaries of the cropped area.
Set the page size and adjust the center of the page content if needed.
Choose the page range you want to crop.
Choose the unit of the margin cropping values.
Crop one page
1. Choose Organize > Crop Pages, the cursor will change to. Drag the cursor to select an area you want to crop. Then double-click the area you cropped.
2. In the pop-up Crop Pages dialog box, the margin measurement indicates the size of the area you selected. You can directly click OK or provide new settings in the dialog box.
Note: Cropping does not reduce file size because information is not discarded but merely hidden. So you can restore the page and its content to its original dimensions by resetting the page size.