- June 27, 2023
- Brad Selbst, Sales Vice President
PDF (Portable Document Format) is widely used in businesses for a variety of purposes. Some of the most common ways include:
- Document Sharing: PDFs are often used to share business documents such as contracts, reports, invoices, and presentations because they can be easily sent, received, and viewed on a variety of devices and operating systems without requiring additional software.
- Archiving: PDFs are ideal for long-term storage of important business documents as they preserve the original formatting, layout, and graphics, ensuring that the document will look the same years after it was created.
- Forms: PDF forms can be filled out electronically, which saves time and reduces errors compared to paper forms.
- Printing: PDFs are often used for high-quality printing because they ensure that the document will look the same on all printers, regardless of the printer’s capabilities.
- Electronic Signatures: PDFs can be signed electronically, making it possible for businesses to sign and send contracts, invoices, and other important documents without having to print and physically sign them.
- Secure Sharing: PDFs can be password-protected and encrypted, making them a secure way to share confidential business information.
- Accessibility: PDFs can be optimized for accessibility, making it easier for people with disabilities to access important business information.
These are just some of the ways that PDFs are commonly used in businesses. PDFs’ versatility and ease of use make them a popular choice for many business-related tasks.
Are you using PDF to the fullest? Check out all the ways to use PDFs by reading more of the Foxit blog.