- July 15, 2021
This article will tell you how to create a comment summary in PDF with Foxit PDF Editor.
Summarizing comments is an easy way to help you directly obtain a synopsis of comments associated with the PDF. The application supports to create a comment summary PDF. To create a comment summary, do as below:
1. Choose Comment > Summarize Comments.
2. In Create Comment Summary dialog box, do the following:
A. Choose the layout of the summary and there are five types of layouts for you to choose:
L1– Document and comment with connector lines on separate pages
L2– Document and comment with connector lines on single pages
L3– Comments only
L4– Document and comment with sequence numbers on separate pages
L5– Document and comment with sequence numbers on single pages
B. Comment Type – Choose the comment type you want to summarize.
C. Paper Size-Select the paper size of the summary
D. Font Size – Select the font size of the summary.
E. Sort comments by – Choose how to sort the comments.
F. Include pages– Specify the page range you need to summarize.
3. Click OK and a PDF named “Summary of Comments on [original document name].pdf” will be opened automatically. You can rename it before you save.
what about the Foxit Reader software? I see that many people use it popularly
You can use our annotation tools
You can use our annotation tools thanks a lot
1. Select Comment > Comments Summary.
2. Complete the steps below in the Create Comment Summary dialog box:
3. After selecting OK, an automatic PDF file called “Summary of Comments on [original document name].pdf” will open. Before saving, you can give it a new name.
by applying summery of document what i am getting is only the number of comment , date, time, and author name but not the comment, what I can do to see for example the highlighted text of my document in the summery.
Hi Neha! You should be able to see the comments if you follow the instructions of the Blog post. If you can’t see them, please submit a ticket via our Support Portal to get assistance with your issue or call 1-866-693-6948. To create a Foxit account, please visit: https://appstore.foxit.com/site/signup