- August 14, 2023
- Amit Kumar, Sr SEO Contractor, Marketing
While creating Portable Document Format files (PDFs) on a computer is straightforward, you might be surprised to learn that your iPhone can also serve as a powerful tool for using PDF files and generating PDFs on the go. Here are a few different methods to create a PDF on iPhone.
How to make utilizing built-in PDF creation features
Apple’s iOS provides native functionality that enables you to create PDFs from sources including webpages, emails, and notes. Here’s how:
- Open the content you want to convert into a PDF file.
- Tap the Share button, represented by a square with an upward arrow, usually located at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the Create PDF file option, then tap it.
- Your content will be automatically converted into a PDF document. You can preview it, add annotations, or even sign it using the Markup tools.
- To save the PDF file, tap the Share button again, and choose your preferred method, such as saving it to the Files app, emailing it, or sharing it with other apps.
How to make with third-party apps
There are numerous third-party applications available on the App Store that offer enhanced functionality for creating PDF version, such as:
- Microsoft Office Suite If you frequently work with Microsoft Office documents, the Microsoft Office suite apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) allow you to save your files as PDFs. Simply open the document, tap the ellipsis (…) icon, and choose the “Save as PDF” option.
- Foxit PDF Editor for iOS Foxit’s popular Foxit PDF Editor app also includes PDF creation capabilities for iPhone. Here’s how to use Foxit PDF Editor for iOS.
Install the app, then open it.
Tap the Create PDF icon , and choose Blank PDF. Then choose from a variety of layouts.
Open the PDF file to add text and images.
You can even add comments.
By default, Foxit PDF Editor will save the PDF file automatically. You can also tap the Save As button to save it as new copy.
When saving the PDF file as a new copy, you can save it as an editable PDF, flatten it to prevent further editing, or reduce its size for easier archive.
How to make a PDF on iPhone by scanning physical documents
The iPhone’s camera, coupled with scanning apps, can transform even a web page into PDF. Here’s how:
- Download a scanning app from the App Store.
- Launch the app and position your iPhone’s camera over the document.
- The app will automatically detect the document’s edges and capture a high-quality image. Adjust the frame if necessary.
- Once all pages are captured, the app typically offers options to crop, rotate, or enhance the scanned images.
- Save the scanned document as a PDF file. Most apps provide a dedicated “Save as PDF” option.
This is just one of the ways to create PDF files on iPhone. Let’s keep going.
How to make a PDF on iPhone using Share
You can easily convert any document word file that you send to your iPhone’s printer into a PDF. Here’s how to create a PDF file on iPhone using Share.
- Open any image or document on your iPhone running iOS 10 or higher.
- Click Share on the bottom of the page.
- Select Print by scrolling through the icons.
- You will see a preview of the document or image that has been converted into PDF. Use pinching to zoom and to view it in full-screen.
- Click on Share in the upper right corner of the screen.
- AirDrop or email your PDF to your iPhone.
With the reliance on digital communication and the need for portable document file formats, learning how to make a PDF on iPhone is an important skill for today’s remote workforce. Whether it’s you need to create PDF files on the go and you’re starting with a blank PDF file on iPhone, or you want to create PDF files from existing files on your iPhone, you’ve got all the tools you need at your fingertips.