- May 4, 2021
- Frank Kettenstock, Chief Marketing Officer
If you need to add a page to the end of a PDF document, that’s pretty easy. Most PDF Editors, such as Foxit PDF Editor enable you to do so. It’s probably as easy as dragging the new page into the thumbnail section of the PDF.
But what if you need to add that same page to the end of multiple PDFs? Or even several thousand PDFs? There’s no way the manual method we just described make sense. So, is there an automatic or batch-processed way to achieve your goal? The answer is yes, when you use Foxit PDF Editor, or even better yet, when you use Foxit PDF Editor Pro.
Here’s how you insert a page in the same place on every PDF using Foxit PDF Editor:
- Open the file that contains the page you would like to add to other PDF documents.
- Click Organize – Insert – Into File, select a target document, click Open.
- In ‘Insert pages into’ window, click Add files add your documents into list, then add the page.
The only thing to note here is that the number of targets you can select is limited. If you need to do this type of batch processing to hundreds or thousands of PDF documents, it’s best to do so using the Action Wizard in Foxit PDF Editor Pro.
Action Wizard is designed to complete a series of routine tasks on PDF documents. It can help you automate multiple tasks with an action that you define. Just create an action that includes all the tasks you want to apply to the PDFs, and then run the action to process it in a single step.
In this case, if you’re adding the same page to the end of many PDFs, here’s how you’d do it:
- Put all the PDFs you want to add the page to into a folder. Place the PDF you want to insert at the end of all those PDFs outside the folder.
- Launch Foxit PDF Editor Pro.
- Choose Action Wizard in the File tab and click Create New Action > Create. The Create New Action dialog box appears.
- Click Add Folder and select the folder that has all the PDF files you want to perform the action on. (If you have multiple files or folders, you can re-order the ones you selected, and the action will be run in that order.)
- Click Create New Action then choose Insert Pages from the tasks in the left column and add it to the right column.
- Next, choose Save from the tasks in the left column and add it to the right column after Insert Pages so you won’t have to save each PDF after the page is inserted into it.
- Click Save.
- Name the action and add a description for it in the dialog box. Now click OK.
- Click the saved action to start batch processing. Select the folder that contains the PDFs to which you’ll be appending pages.
- Click Start.
This is where things really begin to happen. Foxit PDF Editor Pro will go through the PDFs in you have in the folder and run the action, inserting the page at the end of each of them automatically. When it’s done, the Done button will appear in the panel.
You have to admit, this is much better than manually inserting that page into your dozens, hundreds, or thousands of PDF files. Try it yourself and see.
I have tried this multiple times, but the program is inly inserting the page into the document at the end, but I need it in the beginning. I have selected for the file to be inserted into the beginning, but still it does not. Please help?
Hi Brittany! Are you using Foxit PDF Editor Pro?
please follow the instructions:
1) Open the file that contains the page you would like to add to other PDF documents.
2) Click Organize > Insert > Into File, and the ‘Insert pages into’ window will open.
3) Select a target document, and click Open. You can add more files by clicking Add Files.
4) Choose where you want to add the page under “Insert To”, by either checking “Before page” + page number, “After page” + page number, “Beginning of document”, or “End of document”.
5) Click OK to start the insertion.
6) Check your final document.
If you inserted a page in the wrong place, you can easily re-order the pages of the document. This tutorial will show you how: https://www.foxit.com/support/tutorial.html?open=phantom-Organize-PDF
Hi! I use Foxit Reader, not the pro, and NO you cannot add a new page as you’ve described it. It only created a new document, with a blank page. I am trying to create a study guide but it simply wont be possible using foxit reader, so unless I pay for something else, your program fails to do the most basic thing: add a new page, when the one you’re writing on is full, from top to bottom. Thanks for nothing.
Hi Emilia! Foxit PDF Reader is a free PDF reader tool. PDF creation is only possible in our PDF editing software Foxit PDF Editor. You can download a 14-day free trial in our Download Center. Have a nice day!