- October 30, 2019
- Brian Duddy, Product Strategy Manager
There are times when you need to use the content in a PDF file in another application, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or even HTML. But copying and pasting often makes a mess of your formatting. Cleaning it up can be so time-consuming that you may be tempted to retype in order to avoid reformatting.
There’s a better way: Just export your file with your PDF software.
Export/convert PDF files with Foxit:
With Foxit PDF Editor, you can convert your PDF in the following ways: PDF to Word, PDF to Excel, PDF to PPT, PPT to PDF, JPG to PDF, PDF to JPG and more. Here’s what to do.
- Select FILE > Export, or click CONVERT > To MS Office, To HTML, or To Other.
- Select the format you want to convert your PDF to.
- Under “Settings” in the Save As dialog box, choose which page(s) to export, as well as if the document is pure text or includes images as well.
Want to save your entire PDF as an image or images so you can place it into a presentation, Word file or other document? You can do that, too. Here’s how.
- Select FILE > Export to Image, or click CONVERT > To Image.
- Choose the type of image and the page range (all pages, current page, a range of pages), and click OK.
- Set the color space, resolution, and other settings (depending on file type) from “Settings” in the Save As dialog box before you save the file. Click OK to continue.
- Click Save.
Of course, with Foxit PDF Editor software, you may not even need to export files as you can edit and annotate your PDF directly, and reflow text with Link & Join Text. You can even perform advanced editing with the image editing feature in Foxit PDF Editor Pro.
The bottom line: you’ve got a lot of flexibility for changing, converting your PDF files and reusing the contents of your PDF files with Foxit PDF Editor.
Foxit’s industry-leading PDF to Word converter to create the highest quality Word files. Convert your PDF files to Word right now for free!
For more details, check out our tutorial video below.