- August 20, 2019
- Wim Temmerman, Vice President Sales EMEA
We’ve all seen the classic “Approved” stamp on paper documents. It’s simple. It’s authoritative. It’s clear. No surprise that in the digital age, you can use the same kind of stamp on PDF documents, like the one below.
But what if you need a stamp with a little more information? What if you need to be able to put in your name, the date, and maybe even the time? That’s where dynamic stamps come in.
What is a dynamic stamp?
Here’s what you do:
- Choose Comment > Stamps > Create > Create Custom Dynamic Stamp….
- Choose a stamp template from the left list or create your own stamp template from an image file. Choose a category from drop-down menu or name a new one, then name the stamp.
- Specify Font, Font Size and Font Color. Drag the Stamp Size slider to change stamp size when Font Size is set as Auto.
- From the Stamp Text option:
- Type the text that you want to show on the stamp in the Stamp Text field directly.
- Next, choose <author name>, <date and time>, <date>, or <author name, date and time> to add the current user, date, and time of your system to the stamp. (When you add the date and time, or date, Foxit PDF Editor will read the date format from your system and apply it to the stamp you created.)
- Click <Custom values when stamp is added> to create your custom dynamic stamp to invoke a prompt window for users to input information while adding a stamp in PDF file. If you select this option, define the Field Name and Example in the pop up window, and click OK to add it to the custom dynamic stamp. We recommend to set Font Size as Auto so that the custom values you added in the stamp will be adjusted automatically.
- You can instantly adjust the added content to fit your needs when you preview current stamp on the right top preview pane.
- Click OK.
As you can see, stamping PDF files dynamically is a very useful feature when you need to give reviewers information about the document’s status or sensitivity. So create your own anytime you need that extra level of authority added to your PDF files.
I dont have the ‘custom values when stamp is added’ option. I don thave phantom thought i have Foxit Pro PDF Editor.
Yes, that’s how it should work in Foxit PDF Editor Pro. Please submit a ticket via our Support Center, if you still face this issue.
When create dynamic stampe , My focit reader dont have button “create your stamp template”
Is that limitation?
Hi Chaiwat, you should find the option to create a template under Comment > Stamps > Create > Create Custom Dynamic Stamp…. Please make sure your Foxit PDF Reader is up to date. You can download the latest version here: https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/