- September 15, 2021
This article will tell you how to add bates numbering in PDFs with Foxit PDF Editor (Pro Only).
What’s Bates Numbering?
Bates numbering is used in the legal, medical, and business fields to place identifying numbers and/or date/time-marks on images and documents. These numbers may be solely numeric or may contain a combination of letters and numbers. It is a unique serial number attached to every page of a document collected and is also a method of indexing legal documents for easy identification and retrieval.
Add Bates Numbering
1. Choose Organize > Bates Numbering > Add.
2. In the “Add Bates Numbering” dialog box, add files (from local drives or ECM), folders or opened files by clicking Add Files, Add Folders or Add Open Files. (Tip: You can also add files by directly dragging and dropping them to the box.) In the files list, you can change the order by clicking Move Up or Move Down and delete a file by clicking Remove.
3. Click Output Options. Here, you can set the target output folder, name the file and create the log file in the dialogue box. Click OK to exit the box after completing these settings.
4. Click OK and a dialog box to add Headers and Footers will pop up for you to insert Bates Numbering on thedocuments.
5. Select Bates Number in the Macro menu, and then click Insert.
6. Another dialog box will appear for setting the number of digits (any number from 3 to 15), the increment, the start number, rotate angle and the prefix/suffix, if needed. (Tip: Setting the value of the increment to a negative number reverses the order of the Bates numbering.) Click OK to finalize the setting.
7. Click OK.
Remove Bates Numbering
Choose Organize > Bates Numbering > Remove.