- December 21, 2021
- Stanley Chow, Sr Product Marketing Manager
So, you’ve put a digital version of your handwriting on a PDF form or other digital document. How does that work?
Legally, an electronic signature can be used whenever you require a signature.
There are situations where you require simplicity, security, convenience, affordability, and cost-effectiveness. An electronic signature is required in these situations.
These are just a few of the many situations where you might need an electronic signature.
· You need an easy and intuitive solution. Electronic signatures can streamline your HR services. Use them for time-sensitive documents such as time sheets, tax forms, or onboarding forms for new employees.
· You need to have 100 percent security when dealing with sensitive information. These could be retention or fee agreements or confidentiality agreements. An eSignature can provide strong insurance by providing a comprehensive audit trail.
· You need speed and convenience. Sometimes legal services such as class actions communications may need to be sent to hundreds or thousands of people. You could save hours, or even days by disseminating a batch of documents with electronic signature requests. eSignatures can be used quickly in retail to sign purchase orders, invoices and make sales. It will impress techno-minded business associates and keep your business moving.
· You need to reduce costs. Finance is all about cutting costs. You can open, maintain, and close accounts with eSignatures at lower costs. Shipping fees are eliminated. Insurance companies can also reduce the cost of claims assessments and policy agreements by having customers sign online.
An online form allows you to collect signatures and can eliminate a lot of hassle. You don’t have to wait for physical forms to be returned. Instead, you can get signed documents from anyone. How can you create signature forms for your website to get this level of convenience?
Electronic Signatures are Increasingly Common
A multitude of cases in the past three years has allowed the legal doors to be opened for electronic signature use. Electronic signatures have become a viable option for family law, real-estate deals, and certain health contracts.
There are still some best practices and tips to be aware of. Let’s look at how to succeed with electronic signatures.
Tips to Make Electronic Signatures Easier
Use an online platform to make the process easier and faster. This is the best way to ensure that all elements of an agreement are legal and in place. Each party can view and track the acceptance and consideration of terms.
Make sure all parties can sign. Every party that signs must be legally competent and have the right to do so.
Plan for storage requirements. Storage of electronically signed documents should not only be accessible but highly secure.
Digital signatures can be most successful if you make sure that the document is completed and that you have access to electronic signature tools like Foxit eSign that take care of the process for you.