- August 16, 2016
- Brian Duddy, Product Strategy Manager
FREE white paper shows you how to controldocument creation and processing across your entire business
If your business is like most, you use a wide range of tools to convert existing files to PDF format or tofiles, whether you want to or not. That’s why you may not have a clear picture of which are installed in your company.
How PDF creation gets out of control
Do you know which department – or even which employee – uses which PDF solution? Most businesses don’t.
Meanwhile, your mailroom may be converting scanned documents to PDF/A. Those PDF/A files get turned into PDF/A-3b files. SAP journals become PDF 1.4 files… The list goes on, limited only by the size of your business and the number of employees, vendors and even customers who contribute documents to your PDF library.
In addition to these planned scenarios, you also face unplanned ones, like every time someone uses the “Save as” function in Microsoft Office to create a PDF. It’s an option offered by more and more software applications. And, since few employees take the time to consider which boxes to check in the Settings menu, it means your menagerie of PDF files becomes larger.
Last but not least, there are the employees who bring their own freeware to create PDFs. Add it all up and it spells loss of control over the ways your business creates PDF documents. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
The solution? Business-wide document rendering
This free white paper from LuraTech, a Foxit company, describes an approach to PDF creation that lets you standardize quality levels and adhere to all relevant compliance guidelines. It’s called business-wide document rendering, and it enables you to:
- Achieve a standardized high level of PDF quality across all systems
- Implement document-related guidelines (document policies), such as standardized storage of documents in one specific PDF/A format, business-wide
- Meet regulatory requirements in areas such as process documentation, principles of standardized management and storage of books, diagrams and documents in digital form, and data access
- Prove who processed a given document during an audit trail or a compliance check
- Log all document-related processes for auditing purposes
Download the white paper now and learn how you can meaningfully control PDF document creation, conversion, validation and processing across your entire business.