- September 13, 2019
- Scott Nguyen, Integrated Sales and Support
Unless you change the settings, Microsoft Edge is typically the default Web browser and PDF reader for Windows 10. This may suffice if you just want to open and read PDF files, however, if you want a feature-rich application, then making Foxit PDF Reader your default PDF viewer is easy to do. Here’s how.
Setting Foxit PDF Reader as the new default on Mac OSX:
- Go to the Mac’s Finder.
- Find the PDF file type you’d like to open with a specific app, and select it.
- Click on the File menu and select Get Info.
- Expand Open with: by clicking on the triangle to the left.
- Select the Open with: menu, then choose Foxit PDF Reader to open all documents like that one.
- Click the Change All… button.
- You’ll get a dialogue box asking you to confirm your choice. Click Continue.
- Close the Get Info window.
Setting Foxit PDF Reader as the new default on Windows 10:
- Click on the Start menu. It’s the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Default apps.
- Click on Foxit PDF Reader to open all PDF documents with it.
That’s all there is to it. Once you have Foxit PDF Reader (or any other Foxit program) installed, you’ll have a full-fledged PDF reader with a lot of other useful features, so this switch may be your last where PDFs are concerned.