- July 8, 2021
This article will tell you how to link and join text objects with Foxit PDF Editor.
Link and Join Text Objects
To make editing easier, the application supports linking multiple text blocks together or connecting separate text blocks into one single paragraph.
Link and Unlink Text Objects
Using the Link command, you can link multiple text blocks together and then editing text in these blocks will be treated as editing one paragraph. You can link text blocks not only in one page but also across pages. Text will reflow in these linked blocks and will not cover the page contents that are located among these blocks.
To link text blocks, please do the following:
- Click Edit > Link & Join Text and a Format context tab appears on the ribbon. Select text blocks you need to link together and the selected blocks will be marked with numbers as you click them.
- Click the Link command in the Format context tab, or right-click the selected blocks and choose Link Text Boxes. Then the three blocks will be linked together.
- Then when you add or edit text in these blocks with the Edit Text command, the text will reflow in these linked blocks and will not cover the image among them. And when the text added exceeds the final block, content followed the linked blocks will be covered because they have not been linked together.
To unlink a text block, please click Edit > Link & Join Text, select the text block you need to unlink and then click the Unlink command in the Format context tab. You can also right-click the selected block and choose Unlink Text Blocks.
You can select and link text blocks which are discontinuous or in different columns, or that are not arranged from top to bottom or from left to right on the page.
Join and Split Text Objects
With the Join command, you can connect blocks of text into one single paragraph in a block to improve text reflow. Blocks of text may be joined together when you need to join text as one object. Otherwise, a block of text can be divided up into several parts with the Split command.
To join text blocks, do the following:
- Click Edit > Link & Join Text.
- Click the text blocks you want to join. The text blocks you selected will be numbered.
- Click the Join command in the Format context tab, or right-click the selected blocks and select Join Text Boxes. Then the selected blocks will be joined together as one block.
To split a text block, please click Edit > Link & Join Text button and click the text block you want to split. Click the Split command in the Format context tab, or right-click the selected block and select Split Text Boxes. Then the selected block will be divided.
Note: All selected blocks should be on the same page.
For more guidance on additional ways to improve the look and functionality of your PDF documents you can view the “Advanced PDF Editing” tutorial, on our video tutorials page.