- September 23, 2021
This article will tell you how to add image annotations to PDFs with Foxit PDF Editor.
You can specify a rectangle on any part of a PDF page and then insert an image into that rectangle. This feature is helpful when you want to explain or show something more dynamically.
Add an image
You can add an image to a PDF with the Image Annotation command. After you insert a new image, you can adjust its size and position, change the appearance and other settings, etc.
To add an image, do the following:
- ● Choose Edit > Image Annotation.
- ● Drag a rectangle on the page to define the canvas area for the image.
- ● In the Add Image dialog box, click the Browse button to select the image that you want to insert and click the Open button. You will see the URL of this image has been added to the Location field.
- ● Click the Advanced… button to edit the setting of the image.
A. When to scale – choose when to scale the image you insert.
B. Scale – choose to scale the image non-proportionally or proportionally. This option will be disabled when you select Never in the field of When to scale.
C. Border – drag and move the scroll bar to change image’s position in the rectangle. The coordinates change when you move the scroll bar.
- ● Click OK for your changes to take effect, or click Reset to reset the data to the original settings.
- ● Click OK.
Apply an image to other pages
After adding an image, you may want to place the same image on additional pages while maintaining the original location and settings.
To apply an image to other pages, please do the following:
- 1. Right click on the image you wish to apply to other pages.
- 2. Choose the option Place on Multiple Pages in the menu.
- 3. Specify the page range.
- 4. Click OK.
Move and resize an image
To move an image, please do the following:
- 1. Select the Select Annotation command or the Image Annotation command, put the cursor over the image and the cursor changes into an arrow.
- 2. Click and drag the image to another place you like.
To resize an image, please do the following:
- 1. Select the Select Annotation command or the Image Annotation command, put the cursor over the image and the cursor turns into an arrow, and then click the image.
- 2. Place the cursor on any corner point. The cursor changes into the cursor showing the direction at which the rectangle will be resized.
- 3. Drag the cursor outside, it will increase the size of the rectangle proportionally. Drag the cursor inside and it will decrease the size of the rectangle proportionally.