Customised ‘hands-on’ IT strategy and planning services, to provide advice and guidance on IT service management (ITSM) issues, business case preparation and service modelling. Providing Board-level facilitation and decision-support to define and agree a service improvement project. This includes delivery support on business case and high-level planning in the light of strategic and organisational goals.
This part of our service portfolio also includes a business-level review of where an organisation is and the options available to develop and achieve benefits, reducing business risk, developing new services and reducing costs using an ITSM approach.
Typically answers will be provided for:
- What value will ITSM deliver for our organisation?
- Where do we start?
- Who needs to be involved?
- Estimates of programme costs?
- the benefits that can be achieved?
- Can we afford not to implement/enhance ITSM
- How will this type of programme map to our organisation?
- What resources do we need to implement and continue to run ITSM
- What technology is available to help?
- What are the realistic timescales required to make this work?
- What practical tasks do we need to do to move this forward?
The IT organisation has traditionally been treated as an entity separate from the business, with IT management focused on the daily effective and efficient supply of IT services and IT operations. Many now recognise that that the relationship is broader and needs to concentrate not only on performing, but also on transforming IT to meet present and future business demands.
Fox IT help organisations implement structures, processes and relational mechanisms to forge closer ties between IT and the business.
Today’s successful organisations demand well planned and well-executed IT service provision to support their business services. The goal of any good IT organisation should be to deliver – and demonstrate that it is delivering – value from its services, showing how these services contribute directly to the end goals of its business customers.
The inability to express value in quantitative terms can result in unsupported improvement initiatives and the true contribution of IT being unrecognised. If you’re looking to start on a service improvement programme (SIP) and wanting to measure the financial benefits, or maybe putting a business case together and trying to get justification for implementing a SIP then Fox IT can support you and calculate potential return on investment.
FoxROI™ is a consultancy led service incorporating the ‘FoxROI Evaluator’ tool used to gather information from key stakeholders. Learn more about FoxROI™
To achieve IT service transformation your tools need to align with your business processes and requirements. The correct technology choice and optimisation can drastically increase operational efficiency and effectiveness thereby reducing cost and improving customer satisfaction.
The FoxSELECT™ service facilitates independent analysis of all IT service management tools to provide a view of how they compare to your actual business requirements. FoxSELECT™ can also aid your ITSM tool selection decision by evaluating tools to see how well they support service management best practice. Read more about FoxSELECT™
Business relationship management (BRM) has immense value in building closer ties by reassuring the business customer that the IT organisation (ITO) not only understands their challenges but that it is ‘as one’ in meeting them, thus helping to achieve better business alignment. Having effective communication and a mature BRM process is critical for any ITO in their overall service delivery responsibilities.
Fox IT can help by assessing current practices, barriers and issues before establishing and growing an effective BRM process. Templates provide a quick start solution where no formalised activity exists. The result ensures a framework for on-going relationship maturity, awareness of customer requirements, changing business environments and perspectives, strategies and drivers, competitors, etc.
Formulating and operating the BRM process shouldn’t been seen as a chore. It is the foundation of all our other ITSM services. If you don’t have an effective relationship with your business customer you could end up not having a customer to provide services to! Any ITO not investing effort in this area does so at their peril. Read more about ‘Putting the Business into Relationship Management’.
In today’s multi-vendor supply chains how can you ensure that suppliers are delivering their services in accordance with the terms agreed as set out in the Contract and the supplier Service Level Agreement (SLA)? Equally, with increased regulatory and audit controls can you prove:
- that contracts with suppliers are aligned with SLAs that have been agreed with the business?
- regular reviews take place to ensure that the business needs and any contractual obligations continue to be met and that value for money is being obtained?
- a formal process exists for handling contractual disputes?
- performance against targets is measured, actions for improvement identified and acted upon?
Fox IT can help to manage the relationships with third parties by designing a process appropriate to your organisation that covers:
- the evaluation and procurement of new contracts and suppliers
- the establishment of new suppliers and contracts
- the categorisation of suppliers and contracts and the population of the supplier and contracts database
- the management of the supplier and contract performance
- the management of the end of term of a contract
The output will:
- establish and improve effective two way working relationships with suppliers
- establish agreed monitoring of supplier performance
- enhance service delivery through continuous improvement
Our ITSM consulting will help your company adopt service management best practices Get one of our consultants to call you today →
Share this Post